Awards honors, and recognition
Helping older adults is rewarding in so many ways
We’re proud to be recognized for what we do—whether it’s local recognition for our philanthropy efforts or an industry award for the quality of care we provide in our Life Plan Communities. Here is a short sample of the honors that mean the most to us. If you’re interested in seeing more, you can download a PDF of our complete awards list.
Recognition for our commitment
to attracting and retaining extraordinary team members
Mather’s strong focus on our team members’ health and wellness includes offering attractive and sometimes unique benefits.
- Nation’s Best & Brightest in Wellness Award
- A Certified Great Place to Work
- A Top 40 Best Workplace in Chicago
- Pathways to Greatness Clifton Larson Allen
- Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer
Local love for giving back to the community
In the spirit of our founder, philanthropist Alonzo Mather, Mather supports the community. We’ve been recognized for contributions of volunteering, giving, partnerships, and more.
- Splendido’s Champion Award from Interfaith Community Services for local philanthropy
- Inaugural City of Evanston Economic Impact Award
- City of Chicago Recognition – Mather in Edgewater
- Art Supporter Award from SAACA Award – Splendido
Recognition for architectural design
that’s more than a pretty facade
Our senior living residences are built with an eye on comfort, functionality, and environmental standards—as well as design that fits with the surroundings.
- Grand Aurora Award for Best On the Boards Community in the category of 55+ Housing Community
- Gold Nugget Award of Merit for Best Senior Housing Community – On the Boards
- Senior Housing News Design and Architecture Award for a Life Plan Community
- National Association of Home Builders Silver Awards for Best Life Plan Community
- NARA active retirement – (Life Plan Community)
Recognition for sharing knowledge and ideas
Mather Institute has been recognized for its outstanding contributions in developing evidence-based research and education programs, translating research into practice, and disseminating new resources widely throughout the field of aging. The Institute also bestows honors through two annual programs: the Innovative Research in Aging Awards and Promising Practices Awards.
- LeadingAge Excellence in Research and Education Award
- NIC – Prudential Real Estate Investors Award for Best Research Paper in the Seniors Housing & Care Journal
Ways to #AgeWell
Our Ways to #AgeWell series provides research-based tips every weekday to help you make the most out of each day. From boosting brain health to building resilience and happiness, every simple little tip can make a big difference in your life.
Follow us on Facebook to receive daily tips.Follow on Facebook