Updates for Team Members
As we navigate through these unprecedented times, we want you to know that we’re here for you. Mather’s most important priority is to protect residents and staff.
We will communicate new information regularly as it becomes available. Here you will find resources, updates, and more—check back to this page often. If you have questions, please ask your supervisor, Executive Director, or HR representative.
April 5, 2021
Dear Employees of Mather,
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and well. We appreciate your continued hard work and dedication to the health and well-being of residents and each other. While we remain hopeful that we will continue to open up our communities and have fewer restrictions, COVID-19 cases are starting to increase. We request your continued vigilance in implementing strong infection control practices. Please read this important letter, which includes updates to our travel policy.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing COVID-19 disease, especially severe illness and death. Mather strongly encourages employees and their family members to be vaccinated, as it is an important part in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
UPDATE TO TRAVEL POLICY
We understand that spring is upon us and you may be looking to make travel plans. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) encourages you to delay travel at this time. However, if you plan to travel, please read these important updates. Updates to Mather’s travel policy are in bold print.
- If you are not vaccinated, and wish to travel outside of your state, Mather requires that you quarantine for 10 days after you return.
- If you are fully vaccinated, which means you have received your second dose, are 14 days beyond that date, and are asymptomatic, no quarantine is needed.
The federal government requires proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test no more than three days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 for reentry by people flying to the United States.
- If you are not vaccinated, Mather requires that you quarantine for 10 days after you return.
- If you are fully vaccinated and provide Mather with the test results you provided the airlines to reenter the United States, no quarantine is required.
- Without proof of a negative viral test no more than three days before air travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, Mather requires that you quarantine for 10 days after you return.
- If you travel to Mexico or Canada by car, you are not required to show a negative test, but Mather requires that you quarantine for 10 days after you return.
- Based on county positivity rates, local health authorities may reinstate quarantine guidelines and Mather will follow state and local travel rules.
- CDC guidelines for domestic travel can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
- Later this week we will be sharing specific instructions regarding Procedures for Travel: Managers and Employees.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED
If you’ve been fully vaccinated, you should continue to:
- Take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, including wearing a mask, washing your hands frequently, staying at least 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take these precautions whenever you are
- in public
- gathering with unvaccinated people from more than one other household
- visiting with an unvaccinated person who is at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 or who lives with a person at increased risk
- Avoid medium or large-sized gatherings.
- Delay domestic and international travel. If you do travel, you’ll still need to follow CDC requirements and recommendations and Mather’s travel policy.
- Watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
UNIVERSAL MASKING POLICY
Mather has a universal masking policy that requires a well-fitted mask that covers your nose and mouth in any Mather location. Mather’s policy requires use of face masks even if local regulations do not require them. This is to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 to those who may not be vaccinated, to reduce the possibility of reinfection, or potentially transmitting the virus even if you are not ill.
EXPOSURE TO POSITIVE COVID-19 – NEW UPDATE
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19:
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
- If you are fully vaccinated and are asymptomatic, no quarantine is needed.
The health and well-being of employees and residents continues to be our top priority. We are still learning about the effectiveness of the vaccines. Practicing strong infection control measures continues to be important. We will continue to provide updates to you as information is fluid and guidelines may change. If you have any questions, please reach out directly to your Executive Director or Human Resources representative.
Please take care and stay well.
Senior Living Employees: Frequently Asked Questions
Community Initiatives Employees: Frequently Asked Questions
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Guide 3/17/20
Coping with COVID-19 Fears