LeadingAge is recognizing several individuals and organizations over the days of its 2014 annual meeting:
- Award of Honor: Kay Kallander, senior vice president, strategic planning, American Baptist Homes of the West, Pleasanton, Calif.
- Excellence in Not-for-Profit Leadership Award: Seniors’ Resource Center, Denver.
- Excellence in the Workplace Award: Peconic Landing, Greenport, NY
- Innovation in Care and Services Award: On With Life, Ankeny, Iowa.
- Hobart Jackson Cultural Diversity Award (two honorees): Rev. Hal Garman, resident, Asbury Methodist Village, Gaithersburg, Md., and Volunteers of America, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Dr. Herbert Shore Outstanding Mentor Award: Michael Moore, CEO, United Presbyterian Home, Washington, Iowa.
- Excellence in Research and Education Award: Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, Evanston, Ill.
- Public Trust Award: Lutheran Social Services, Jamestown, N.Y.
Outstanding Advocacy Award: Mary Stompe, executive director, PEP Housing, Petaluma, Calif.